If Elve is aware of it, then Elve can react to it. The list below are common uses of Elve but you can be creative and customize Elve for your unique needs.
- View and control your home with an iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, or low power Windows, Linux, or Max OS machine..
- Turn on/off/dim your lights.
- View all the light levels in your home.
- View or set your thermostat setpoints, mode, fan mode, and hold.
- Browse your media library, create a music playlist, play, pause, skip, or set the volume of your media player zones.
- View your security system status and arm or disarm an area.
- View and pan/tilt your security cameras.
- View the weather here there or anywhere.
- Start your yard irrigation.
- Start a movie, change the tv channel, volume, etc.
- Create separate user accounts to provide different levels of control by user.
- Restrict the maximum home theater volume by user.
- Restrict changing thermostat temperatures by user.
- Restrict security system access by user.
- Restrict access to different music sources or even tv channels by user.
- Show different themed user interfaces by user (princess backgrounds for your daughter and cars for your son).
Watching a Movie?
- When the movie starts Elve can automatically:
- Open your screen curtains.
- Close your blinds.
- Dim the lights.
- Update security keypads with the playing movie.
- When the phone rings during a movie, Elve can automatically:
- Pause the movie.
- Brighten your lights.
- Show the caller on your screen.
- Announce the caller.
- When the movie is paused, Elve can automatically:
Listening to Music?
- When each song starts Elve can automatically:
- Update security keypads with the playing artist & title.
Leaving the Home?
- When you arm your security system Elve can automatically:
- Turn off all the lights in the home
- Turn off the music.
- Turn off the fountain.
- Randomly turn on and off lights in your home.
- Set your thermostats to economy mode.
- When you open your entry way door when the security system is armed away Elve can automatically:
- Turn on your interior entry light.
- Turn on music.
- Set your thermostats to comfort mode.
Away from Home?
- Use your iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, or a PC/Mac to:
- Check your security system status.
- View your video cameras.
- Elve can email you daily home report.
- Elve can email you if you security system alarm is triggered.
- Elve can automatically:
- Turn on the light in a room when motion is detected.
- Turn off the light in a room when no motion has been detected.
- Announce when you leave a garage door open.
- Turn on outdoor lighting.
- Elve can be your wake up call:
- Open your blinds.
- Slowly brighten your bedroom lights.
- Play music.
- Slowly increase the music volume.
- Announce the weather.
Time to Sleep?
- When you arm your security system to Night mode, Elve can automatically:
- Turn off specific lights.
- Lock your exterior doors.
- Set the thermostat to nighttime mode.
- Elve can automatically adjust your irrigation cycles by:
- The season.
- The outdoor temperature.
- Whether rain is in the forecast.
- Elve can automatically adjust your pool pump schedule by:
- Wind Speed (more debris/dust).
- Outdoor temperature.
- The season.
- Elve can log anything that it is aware of to CSV files, for example:
- Thermostat temperatures
- Outdoor temperatures
- Lighting usage
- Security alarms
- Motion detection
- And much, much more.
- Load the CSV files into Excel or another spreadsheet application.
- Analyze your recorded history in your spreadsheet application.
- Create charts and graphs in your spreadsheet application.
If Elve is aware of it, then Elve can react to it. The list above includes common uses of Elve but you can be creative and customize Elve for your unique needs. There are endless possibilities.
Specific automation hardware may be required for each of the above concepts.